It’s no secret that Prague is a paradise for vegans when it comes to eating out. Vegans can feast on almost anything their heart desires, including killer vegan desserts.
But what about the other stuff? Where does one go for vegan groceries, home supplies, clothing and shoes, B12, vegan condoms, and vegan menstrual products? Well, turns out there are plenty of places to get vegan products in Prague.
Here are some of the best places to buy vegan products in Prague.
Vegan Groceries & Home Items in Prague
- World Vegan: Carries vegan groceries and housing supplies like nut butters, spices, vegan ice cream, vegan chocolates, frozen pizza, pates, “meats”, “cheese”, pastries, pita bread (the best in Prague), canned whipped cream, toiletries, condoms, cleaning supplies, and chapstick.
- Country Life: These shops carry vegan groceries like nut butters, vegan meats, vegan cheese, vegan cream cheese, nutritional yeast (lahudkove drozdi in Czech), corn kernels to make popcorn, energy bars, pates, grains, flours, and crackers.
- Puro: Carries Veganz products, frozen burger and chicken patties, other frozen and fresh vegan meats, vegan Cheese, vegan ice cream, Clif bars, vegan chocolate, and vegan sandwich meat.
- Bioobchod: Carries vegan groceries and housing supplies like nut butters, spices, vegan cookies, energy bars, tofu, tempeh, vegan cheese, toiletries, and cleaning supplies.
- BIOOO: Sells vegan shampoo, toothpaste, cosmetic brushes, chapstick, make-up, supplements, sunscreen, and other personal care items.
- DM: Carries some vegan items like vegan Nutella, pates, and spreads. They also have their own brand of vegan body care items like soap, creams, toothpaste, shampoos, and make-up called Alverde.
- The Body Shop: There is a The Body Shop in the Palladium shopping center. All of their products are certified cruelty free but some do contain animal products, so look out for things like milk or honey in their products.
- FreshBedýnky: Home delivery service that has things like fresh fruits and veggies and even coconut vegan yogurt.
Vegan Clothing and Shoes in Prague
- Pour Pour: This women’s clothing store that carries a vegan brand called RagWear and Skunkfunk, and ethical sustainable brand of clothing and accessories. The shop also has a lot of cute jewelry, and some vegan purses and bags. Just check the labels because not everything in the store is vegan. Also, bring cash, they don’t accept cards.
- Etik Butik: Carries NAE and Wills of Vegan shoes and also has some ethical vegan clothing and accessories.
- HolyCow.cz: Carries Wills Vegan Shoes and accessories.
- Bohempia: handmade shoes and streetwear made with hemp material produced in the Czech Republic.
Where to Buy Vegan Menstrual Products (Yes, that’s a thing) in Prague
- BIOOO: Located in Náměstí Republiky and sells a variety of menstrual cups and re-usable cloth pads.
- DM: I’ve also seen menstrual cups at the DM located in the Flora Shopping Center.
- Amazon.de: You can order a variety of menstrual cups from the German Amazon site. Orders over €29.00 include free shipping.
If you’re curious, click here to find out why tampons aren’t vegan.
Where to Buy Vegan Condoms in Prague (Yes, that’s also a thing)
- World Vegan: Carries a selection of vegan condoms.
- DM: Carries Durex Real Feel condoms which are non-latex and vegan.
- Erotic City Shops: Carry SKYN non-latex/vegan condoms but they’re extremely expensive, not recommended unless it’s an emergency!
- Amazon.de – You can order vegan condoms and other items for delivery to the Czech Republic from Germany’s Amazon website. Orders over €29.00 are free of shipping charges.
- BIOOO: Sells Glyde vegan condoms.
If you’re curious, click here to find out why most condoms are not vegan.
Where to Buy Vegan B12 Vitamins in Prague
The following shops in Prague carry vegan Vitamin B12:
- DM: Shops in Prague have vegan B12 tablets and powders. They have the least expensive B12 vitamins I’ve seen in Prague.
- Puro: Carries vegan B12 tablets
- World Vegan: Has vegan B12 tablets
- Amazon.de: You can order vegan B12 from Germany’s Amazon site. Orders over €29.00 are free of shipping charges.
This is by no means an extensive list of places to get vegan items in Prague, and I’ll be adding to the list as I discover new shops.
If you have tips on where to buy vegan products in Prague, please leave a comment below with the name of the shop and what they carry, and I’ll add it to the list!
The Best Vegan Friendly Hotel in Prague
Sophie’s Hostel in Prague is a great choice for vegan travelers. This lovely hostel is located about 10 minutes from the city center, has 14 dorm rooms, 6 private rooms, a small garden, and an onsite cafe and bar. The best part of staying at Sophie’s Hostel is their massive brunch. Just let them know you’re vegan and they’ll do everything they can to accommodate you, including prepare soy milk porridge, and hot roasted veggies. Their friendly wait staff will be happy to walk you through the entire buffet to point out the vegan options. Not sure about the bread? Just ask, they’ll be happy to let you know what’s vegan and what’s not.
Sophie’s Hostel also has a beautiful small 16 room boutique hotel called Miss Sophie’s that’s located directly across the street in case you fancy more, err fancy accommodations.
For more info, or independent reviews of Sophie’s Hostel click here.
Like this Article? Pin It For Later!
Disclaimer – As you can see I included handy little affiliate links for some of the above items and accommodations. I receive a very small commission for any sales made, without any additional cost to you, our dear reader.