Get ready for the only vegan brussel sprouts recipe you’ll ever need!
Autumn might be my favorite time of the year. The leaves change from green to glorious red, yellow, and orange. The weather goes from hot to comfortably cool, and the farmers markets offer a whole new range of fall produce.
While most people get excited about pumpkin spice everything, what I look forward to the most is Brussel Sprouts. I know that might sound strange (blame my grandmother for turning me on to veggies as a kid) but sautéed Brussels sprouts with onions, garlic, and nuts is a recipe everyone should try, especially before they turn their noses up to these little gems.
This is one of my favorite easy vegan recipes that’s great for holidays, dinner, or really any time the craving hits.
Vegan Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Brussels sprouts alone probably aren’t going to get anyone excited. Remember those canned sprouts? Yuck! No wonder so many people think they hate Brussels sprouts!
Well, these little green gems are trending and have become super popular in recent years.
If you want to convert yourself or someone you know into a Brussels sprouts lover then this is the recipe for you.
This vegan brussel sprouts recipe includes sautéed onion, garlic, and a pinch of spicy red chili flakes. They are cooked to golden perfection adding depth and flavor. Then they’re topped with toasted nuts making them even more satisfying.
Trust me, this dish is going to be a huge hit at the next family gathering or on your weeknight dinner table!
You can even add a bit of smoked tempeh to this dish to make it a main course, and pair it with my Vegan Carrot Soup with Sage for a fully satisfying dinner.
Easy Vegan Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Saute pan
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts Ends trimmed off, wilted leaves removed, and cult in half
- 1 Medium White or Yellow Onion Peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic Peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp spicy red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Walnuts, Pecans, Pine Nuts, Sunflower Seeds, or Pumpkin Seeds Roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add Brussels sprouts to a large sauté pan cut side down. Add water and a few pinches of salt. Cook on medium high for about 10 - 15 minutes, adding more water if necessary. NOTE: Don't over cook your Brussels sprouts. They should be tinder but still have a bite.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from the pan and drain off any remaining water.
- Return sauté pan to the stove on medium low heat. Add olive oil, onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and a few pinches of salt. Sauté until the onions are golden brown and soft.
- Turn heat up to medium high and add the Brussels sprouts. Cook for 5 minutes, stir, and continue to cook until sprouts are browned. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Add the nuts, stir, and sauté for two more minutes. Remove from heat and serve.