Years ago, I took a cooking class in Chiang Mai, Thailand at the vegetarian restaurant Taste of Heaven. I learned to cook five vegan versions of traditional Thai dishes. This is a modified version of the recipe for Vegan Thai Red Curry. Super fast, easy, and delicious.
- 4 Peeled Garlic Cloves
- 4 Red Thai Chili Peppers
- 2 Small Tomato cut into quarters
- 2 Chinese Long Green Beans cut into 1 inch pieces (or you can use 8 regular green beans)
- 20 grams Green Papaya, peeled and shredded or julienned
- 4 grams Carrot, peeled and shredded or julienned
- 3 Tablespoons Roasted Peanuts
- 1/4 Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Mushroom Powder or Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tamarind Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Palm Sugar
- Crush fresh chili and garlic in the mortar until well combined and in tiny pieces.
- Add beans and peanuts and pound with the pestle until beans are bruised and peanuts are crushed.
- Add tomato, green papaya and carrot. Lightly pound ingredients three times, mix and repeat five times.
- Squeeze lime and add to the mixture, add mushroom powder or soy sauce, tamarind sauce and palm sugar and mix.
- Taste for seasoning and add more if necessary.
- Enjoy immediately. The salad will not keep for long.