- 1 lb Carrots, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 Handfull of fresh Sage Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 – 6 cups of vegetable stock or water and 1 vegetable bouillon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium soup pot add the oil, onions, garlic, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook over medium low heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock (enough so the liquid is 2 inches above the vegetables) and sage leaves and cook on medium heat until the carrots are soft, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Puree the mixture with a stick blender or in a regular blender until the soup is smooth and there are no clumps.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Like This Recipe? Pin It!