I love brunch! It’s a meal time usually reserved for weekends when you get to sleep in and often includes several cups of coffee, and probably an alcoholic drink or two paired with dishes like scrambled eggs and french toast.
Being vegan doesn’t mean you have to skip out on brunch though. This Easy Vegan Sausage and Tofu Scramble is so fast and easy to make you can satisfy your brunch cravings anytime they hit.
- 4 oz Extra Firm Tofu, drained, and crumbled
- 1 Vegan Sausage Link (Field Roast Mexican Chipolte is my favorite), chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 3 Mushrooms, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 Garlic Cloves, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 Small Tomato, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1/2 t Turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 t Kosher or Sea Salt
- Add Onion, Garlic, and salt to a pan with Olive Oil and cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add mushrooms and sautee until golden brown. Remove from pan draining excess oil back into the pan.
- Add Tofu and Sausage to the pan with the oil. Sautee for one minute. Add water. Mix and cook until water has evaporated.
- Add onion and mushroom mixture, and tomatoes to the pan and increase heat to medium high. Add more oil if the pan is too dry. Cook for about 5 minutes, mixing often.