If you’re trying to get vegan food in Prague during the government mandated quarantine this guide is for you.
Prague is on lockdown due to the Coronavirus pandemic. As it should be.
Currently grocery stores, pharmacies, electronic stores, and drugstores are open to the public. Additionally, grocery delivery services like Rohlik, Kosik, and Tesco are all still working, although getting orders in and delivery slots will take some persistence and a lot of patience.
Getting vegan food at the grocery store is possible, but about takeaway or delivery prepared food?
There are a number of vegan and vegan friendly restaurants still operating but only for delivery service or pick-up window service. Here are the some of the best vegan restaurants in Prague still serving, plus my favorite vegan-friendly restaurants.
Note: Updated March 20 at 15:18.
Where to Get Vegan Food in Prague During the Quarantine
Vegan and Vegan Friendly Restaurants in Prague Open for Delivery or Takeaway
Below are all the vegan and vegan friendly restaurants currently open for either pick up or delivery. If you’re ordering on WOLT I’d suggest scheduling an order in advance. Restaurants are becoming overwhelmed at some points in the day and either closing their ordering system or you’ll have to wait a long time for your delivery.
- Belzepub (Vegan) – Order from WOLT only.
- Paprika – Mediterranean Bistro & Bar (Vegan Friendlly) – Order from WOLT only.
- Persona Pizza (Vegan Friendly) – You can order for delivery on Dame Jidlo
- Chutnej bistro (Vegan) – You can order for delivery on Dame Jidlo.
- Forky’s Old Town (Vegan) – Order from WOLT only.
- Forky’s Letna (Vegan) – Order from WOLT only.
- Bistro Strecha (Vegan) – Delivery. Can be ordered by phone (607 436 338) or on their website. You can pay with cash, meal vouchers or bank transfer. Card payments are coming soon. The food will be delivered (only within 3 kilometers from the bistro) by their extremely professional and disinfected drivers or you can pick it up at their window.
- EATERNIA (Vegan) – They will deliver to Barrandov only for now. See their Facebook page for details. You can also order with them on WOLT.
- Etnosvet (Vegan Friendly) – They are delivering free of charge if you order 5 or more meals or you can pick up smaller quantities of food in person from their sister restaurant Spojka in Karlin. You can order by phone (226 203 888) between You can see their daily offer here. They’re also on Dame Jidlo.
- Satsang (Vegan Friendly) – Order from WOLT or pick-up. They are open for pick up Sunday – Thursday from 11:00 am – 8:00 pm and Friday – Saturday until 9 pm. Monday to Friday, in addition to their regular offer, they will have a vegan lunch menu from around 12:00. On Saturday and Sunday, in addition to their regular menu, they will also offer limited brunch options.
- Plevel (Vegan) – Order from WOLT or by phone 273 160 041 and pick up the order in person at the entrance to the restaurant.
- Country Life Restaurants (Vegan) – Open for pick up.
- Dhaba Beas (Vegan Friendly) – Open for take away or delivery. Order at 222 181 111 during opening hours (11 am – 3 pm).
- Pizza Letna (Vegan Friendly) – You can get delivery or pick up from their window. Order on their website or at
605 020 221.
- Bowl & Tonic (Vegan Friendly) – Open for pick up or delivery from WOLT. They are also giving away one free face mask upon request with each order.
- Dim Sum Spot (Vegan Friendly) – WOLT, UberEats or pre-order takeaway from 12:00 – 20:00 you can pre-order take-away meals via phone 223 555 214 or Whatsapp at 735 009 562. See their menu here.
- Blue Vegan Pig Shop (Vegan) – Available for takeaway from their shop or delivery on WOLT.
- Bon Fresh Ramen (Vegan Friendly) – Available for delivery on WOLT.
- Vegg-Go (Vegan Friendly) – Appears to be open for delivery on WOLT.
- RadostFX (Vegan Friendly) – Open for delivery on WOLT or pick up (call 603 193 711).
- Maitrea (Vegan Friendly) – For delivery on WOLT or pick up at their window.
- Waipawa Letna (Vegan) – For pickup. See their daily menu offer here.
- Le Caveau Cukrárna (Vegan Friendly) – Their Jiřího z Poděbrad location pekárna is open with the following hours (Monday – Friday: 7:30 – 18:00, Saturday: 7:30 – 13:00, Sunday: 9:00 – 13:00). Their Krymská location has new hours (Monday – Friday: 7:30 – 18:00, Saturday 7:30 – 11:30). For freshly made baguettes. All of their breads, aside from the sweets/pastries, are vegan.
- Moment – Until 24 March
- Forrest Bistro
- All Loving Hut Restaurants
- Mr. Hotdog
- Sandokan Vegan Bistro – might start offering delivery service in the coming days.
- Happy Bean
- Sabotage vegan bistro
- Lehka Hlava/Clear Head
Getting Vegan Groceries in Prague
Here’s the current status on vegan and vegan friendly grocery stores in Prague.
Online Grocery Delivery in Prague
- Rohlik – They are taking orders for grocery delivery but the site is overwhelmed by visitors. There is usually a queue to get on the site, delivery windows are sparse, and a lot of items are out of stock. That said, I’ve managed to get orders in with much persistence. They no longer allow you to update your cart once the order is placed and all delivers are contact free. This means payment is required in advance, and they won’t take back bottles or shopping bags.
- Kosik – They are taking orders but very few delivery slots are available. All deliveries are contact free and only card payments are accepted. I don’t have personal experience ordering through them so I can’t really give any further information about the service.
- Tesco – They are taking orders but very few delivery slots are available. I haven’t ordered from them in a long time so can’t say what the current situation is except that they are taking orders currently.
Vegan & Vegan Friendly Shops in Prague
Here are the vegan and vegan friendly grocery stores in Prague currently open. Please remember as of 19 March only people over the age of 65 are allowed to shop from 10:00 – 12:00, and face masks or scarves are required while in public.
- World Vegan – Open as usual. Check here for more info on hours.
- Puro – Open. Check here for current hours and info.
- ekObchod – Open with amended hours. Check them here.
- Bezobalu – Open. More info and hours here.
- Country Life – Open as Usual. Check hours here.
- Albert – Open with amended hours. Check hours here.
- Bila – Open but with amended hours. Check here.
- GoFresh – Open with regular hours. More info here.
- Marks & Spencer – According to their website it sounds like they are closed. A reader told me that one of their stores was open on Monday however. So it’s a bit unclear. Let me know if you know of any that are open in the comments below.
Did I miss something? Is the above info out of date? Let me know in the comments below!