- 3 medium size ripe excellent quality tomatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large, ripe Hass avocado, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small bunch of basil, chiffonade
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, skin removed
- olive oil
- 1 loaf of french bread sliced 1/2 inch thick on a diagonal
- In a medium bowl add tomatoes, avocado, basil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil and a few pinches of salt. Stir ingredients to combine. Set aside.
- Toast slices of bread over medium heat in a large pan drizzled with olive oil. The amount will depend on how big your pan is and how many slices of bread you can fit in them but the idea is to have a light coating of oil on each piece of bread.
- Once the bread is toasted lightly rub each piece a couple of times with the raw garlic clove.
- Top the toasted bread with the tomato and avocado mixture.