- 1 bunch of thin Asparagus, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- Juice from 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of basil, large leaves torn in half
- Olive Oil
- Pasta (linguini, penne, or spaghetti, enough for 4 servings) cooked according to package directions
- Sautee garlic and onion over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a few pinches of salt until onions are soft and translucent. Reserve in a small bowl until later.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan and heat over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add the asparagus and a few pinches of salt. Cook until asparagus has softened slightly but is still a bit crunchy. Time will depend on how thick the asparagus is.
- Add onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 – 5 minutes, just until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add cooked pasta, lemon juice, additional olive oil (enough so the pasta isn’t dry) to the asparagus mixture and salt to taste. Combine all ingredients and cook for a few minutes over medium low heat so the flavors marry together.
- Remove from heat, add the basil and mix. Enjoy.