I love French Toast. I love that it’s socially acceptable to eat for breakfast or brunch and can be dessert or even a midnight snack. I love that it’s simple and can be whipped up in about 10 minutes on a whim. I also love that it’s really easy to make a vegan version of French Toast with ingredients most vegans probably already have in their pantry.
Here is our recipe for Vegan French Toast with Chia Seeds!
- 4 Slices of Day Old French Bread
- 1 Cup Non-dairy Milk, I prefer Almond
- 1 T Vegan Sugar
- 1/2 t Cinnamon
- 1 t ground flax seed
- 1 T chia Seeds
- Olive Oil
- All all ingredients aside from bread to a bowl and mix well.
- Heat large skillet or grill pan on medium heat until hot. Add about 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil to the pan.
- Dip bread in milk mixture and coat on both sides.
- Add bread to the skillet/grill pan and cool on each side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh berries, compote, vegan butter, or maple syrup.