For the first time in nearly two years I have a place to call home. We have decided to stay in Prague for about 6 months through the winter. Having a kitchen all to myself means I can partake in one of my favorite activities, baking. I’ve successfully made a few lovely vegan pizzas and Focaccia and decided it was time to whip up something sweet.
What better than a quick and easy Vegan Banana Apple Bread? It’s perfect for breakfast with coffee or in the afternoon with tea?
- 1 3/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Flax Meal
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Large Extra Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 Cup Raw (vegan) Cane Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Canola, Coconut, or Rapeseed Oil
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix flour, flax meal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix chopped apple, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add bananas and sugar to a small bowl and mash to a paste. Add oil and almond milk and combine.
- Add banana mixture to the flour mixture and combine. Add apples and combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased, nonstick loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.